Tipsy Mushrooms in Puff Pastry Shells
- One box puff pastry shells
- 2 13-oz packages of mushrooms
- 1/4 cup white onion
- 4-6 ounces cream cheese or goat cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Blue Cheese Herb Mustard, Horseradish Mustard or Carmelized Onion Mustard
- 4 tablespoon butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- Puff Pastry Shells cook as directed.
- Finely dice mushrooms and onions, and saute in butter until browned and all the liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer to a bowl and while still warm, blend in cream cheese or goat cheese and mustard. Mix well.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Remove tops for pre-baked pastry shells and fill with mushroom mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10-15 minutes until heated through.
- Remove from oven, replace tops and serve hot.