Scones with Coconut and Indian Spices
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup coconut flakes
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 lb butter
- 5 oz. smoked salmon
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- Stonewall Kitchen Old Farmhouse Chutney
- Chives or scallions
- Set oven to 350 degrees F.
- In the bowl of a food processor add all the dry ingredients.
- Cut butter into chunks, add to flour mixture with the motor running. Do not over mix.
- Add sour cream and smoked salmon to the mixture.
- Process until dough just incorporates.
- Turn out onto lightly floured surface.
- With the flat of your hand shape dough into a circle about ¾ inch thick.
- Cut dough into 1 inch strips, then cut into scone shapes.
- Place scones on cookie sheet and chill 1 hour.
- Bake at 350 degrees until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Garnish with Stonewall Kitchen Old Farmhouse Chutney and chopped chives or scallions.