Cranberry Orange Bread
4 small loaves or 1 large
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 Tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups plus 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Orange Cranberry Marmalade
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. and grease and flour loaf pan/s, 4 (3x5 1/2-inch) or 1 (9x5-inch) pan.
- In a free standing mixer fitted with a paddle attachment (or you can use a hand mixer) cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- In a medium-size bowl combine 2 cups flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, cinnamon, and ginger. Whisk until all ingredients are uniformly mixed.
- Combine the Cranberry Orange Marmalade and orange juice and add to the butter mixture alternately with the flour mixture. Mix, just until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl. Toss cranberries and nuts with 1 Tablespoon of flour and fold into the batter.
- For 4 loaves evenly distribute batter in loaf pans and smooth tops with a spatula. Bake 30-40 minutes until golden and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the loaf. If baking one large loaf, bake 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.