Black Cherry Sour Cream Coffee Cake
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour, plus more for the pan
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus additional for the pan
- 1 1/2 Cups granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 Cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 Cup Stonewall Kitchen Black Cherry Jam
- 1 tablespoon confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Butter and flour a 10-inch Bundt pan.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Using an electric mixer on high speed beat the butter in a large mixing bowl until light and creamy. Add the sugar and beat until fluffy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time making sure the egg is incorporated before adding the second one.
- Add the sour cream and the vanilla and beat until the mixture is smooth. Turn the mixer on low and add the flour mixture, and mix until just incorporated.
- Transfer 1/2 cup of the batter to a small mixing bowl and set aside. Pour the remaining batter into the prepared Bundt pan and smooth the top. Make a 1-inch trough in the center of the batter all the way around the pan. Add 3/4 cup of the Stonewall Kitchen Black Cherry Jam to the reserved 1/2 cup batter and mix well. Spoon the black cherry batter evenly into the trough.
- Bake for 1 hour or until the cake begins to pull away from the edges of the pan and a skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Cool the cake 15 minutes, then invert and remove the cake onto a wire rack. Cool the cake completely.
- Dust the top of the coffee cake with confectioner’s sugar after plating on a serving dish.