Key Lime Curd Tequila Cheesecake - Serves 8-10
- 1 cup finely crushed salted pretzels
- 6 Tablespoons melted butter
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Key Lime Curd
- 2 Tablespoons tequila
- 1/4 cup triple sec
- Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Mix together crushed pretzels and sugar, add butter and mix well.
- Press into a buttered 9-inch spring form pan and bake for 10 minutes, let cool.
- Mix softened cream cheese, sugar and cornstarch until well blended using an electric mixer.
- Mix in eggs, one at a time. Mix in Lime Curd, tequila and triple sec and pour mixture over baked crust.
- Bake at 350 degree F. for 15 minutes, lower oven to 200 degree F. and bake for another 1 hour and 10-15 minutes, or until the center is set and filling does not look loose or wet.
- Run a knife around the inside edges of the pan to loosen, but do not release cake from pan, let sit for 15 minutes and chill in refrigerator overnight, uncovered.
- In a small saucepan combine Lime Curd and frozen limeade, mix in cornstarch using a whisk.
- Whisking constantly, cook on stove until mixture thickens and starts to bubble and all 3 ingredients are smooth, remove from heat and whisk in tequila and triple sec.
- Release springform top from chilled cake and spread glaze over cake.
- Return to refrigerator and chill well until glaze has set.