Maple Chipotle Beef Pot Pie
Our Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce adds a rich and sophisticated highlight to this hearty pie.
- 2 pounds stew beef
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 8 ounces corn, fresh or frozen
- 8 ounces pearl onions, fresh or frozen
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups beef stock
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ready-to-bake pie crust
- In Dutch oven or heavy bottom pot, heat the oil, and in small batches, brown the meat on all sides. Set beef aside.
- Add extra oil as needed. Sauté onions, red pepper and garlic until softened.
- Return beef to pan, add potatoes, corn, Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce. Pour over stock to barely cover stew.
- Transfer mixture to a round deep-dish pie or casserole dish. Bake at 350 degrees F. for approximately 1 hour or until beef and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven.
- Roll out pastry and carefully place on top of casserole, crimping edges to seal, and cut a small vent on top. Brush with egg wash.
- Bake about 20 minutes or more until the crust is golden brown.