Pork Medallions with Roasted Apple Grille Cream Sauce
- 1 1/4 lb. pork tenderloin
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 3 Tablespoons Butter, softened
- 1 Tablespoon Flour
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3/4 cup light or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Apple Grille Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- Pepper to taste
- (Caramelized apples, sautéed mushrooms, or 1-2 tablespoon brandy added to sauce optional)
- Cut pork into 1” thick medallions. Place between plastic wrap and pound to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. butter and oil in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add pork medallions and season with salt and pepper. Sauté until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per-side. Transfer to a plate and cover loosely with foil. Drain fat from pan.
- To make sauce, add a few tablespoons of the chicken broth to the sauté pan to deglaze the pan.
- Combine the remaining 2 Tbsp. of butter and flour in a small dish. Add this mixture to the sauté pan. Over medium heat, melt butter until it bubbles, about 1 minute.
- Slowly add the chicken broth and simmer until slightly thickened.
- Stir in the cream and Stonewall Kitchen Wood Roasted Apple Sauce. Add Salt and pepper to taste. Continue to heat until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Serve sauce over plated pork medallions.