Vegetable Stuffed Shells Topped with Olive Caper Marinara
Add a new dimension to a classic favorite. Healthy and full of homemade taste.
- 1 box large pasta shells
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped small
- 1 cup button mushrooms, quartered or halved
- 1 summer squash, diced small
- 1 8-ounce package whole or skim milk ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Oil
- 1 package (10 ounce) mozzarella cheese
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Sun Dried Tomato and Olive Relish
- 1 10-ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Shells - Cook al dente, drain and toss with olive oil to prevent sticking.
- Put Roasted Garlic Oil in a heavy saute pan and saute mushrooms until soft and juices have evaporated. Add chopped broccoli and summer squash, and saute until tender. Remove from pan.
- Mix together ricotta, egg and bread crumbs. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix sauteed vegetables with ricotta mixture, and stuff shells. Place in a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Marinara - Saute shallot in olive oil. Add crushed tomatoes, tomato paste and Sun-dried Tomato and Olive Relish. Let cook for 20 minutes. Spoon over shells and top with shredded mozzarella. Bake at 350 degrees F until cheese is browned and bubbly.