Stuffed Chicken Breasts Mole - Serves 4
- 4 poblano or Cubanelle chilies
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 4 ounces Monterey Jack Cheese, sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 cup plain breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 bottle Stonewall Kitchen Mole Sauce
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- Roast peppers on a baking sheet under the broiler or directly on a grill until tender and charred on all sides.
- Place cooked peppers in a bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to sit 30 minutes.
- Peel skin off cooled peppers. Slice pepper open and remove stems and seeds, try to keep the pepper as whole as possible.
- Pound chicken breast to 1/4-inch thickness. Place a pepper on top of each breast.
- Top peppers with slices of Monterey Jack Cheese. Roll each breast up.
- In a small bowl combine breadcrumbs, chili powder, cumin, and salt and pepper.
- Brush rolled chicken breast with olive oil. Dip in seasoned breadcrumbs. Place in a greased baking dish seam side down. Chill in refrigerator 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Bake chicken 25 minutes. Top with mole sauce and scallions. Return to oven another 15-20 minutes until sauce is bubbly and the chicken is cooked through (an internal temperature of 165 degrees F). Serve hot.