Fig and Ginger Quesadillas
An excellent lunch or evening snack with a different flair.
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup fontina, havarti, or Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Stonewall Kitchen Fig & Ginger Jam
- 4-6 thin slices Ham or Prosciutto
- 4 8-10 plain flour tortillas
- Sour cream and scallions for garnish
- Preheat a charcoal or gas grill.
- Combine cream cheese, shredded cheese and Stonewall Kitchen Fig and Ginger Jam.
- Spread some of the cheese mixture over the tortillas, leaving a ½” border around the edges.
- Top two of the tortillas with the ham slices. Cover with remaining tortillas.
- Place each quesadilla directly onto the grill over a low flame. Cook on each side until the tortilla is crisp and golden, and grill marks appear.
- Remove to a cutting board and cut into 8 wedges.