Ham & Pineapple Biscuit Sliders
Makes 10 sliders (which will serve 3-5 people)
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 6 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into chunks
- 1 cup cold buttermilk
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Honey Mustard
- 10 buttermilk biscuits, purchased or made from recipe below
- 10 slices pineapple, roughly the width of your biscuits
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1 small head leafy lettuce (Boston or Bibb)
- For the biscuits, preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and put into a food processor with butter.
- Pulse about 5 times until the mixture looks like coarse sand. Transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Add the buttermilk and stir until just combined. The dough will be pretty wet looking.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and gently shape it into a rectangle about 1/2-1 inch thick. Fold it over about 5 times or so, ending up with a piece of dough that is about 1-inch thick.
- Use a 2-inch round biscuit cutter (or a glass that is about 2 inches wide) to cut out 10 rounds. Place the rounds on a cookie sheet with the sides touching.
- Bake them for about 15 minutes, or until they have risen and are golden brown on top. Cool on a rack.
- For the sliders, heat grill or frying pan to high. Quickly sear pineapple on one side until it is slightly charred, about 1-2 minutes (don't leave it on too much longer as you don't want it to dry out).
- If you are using pre-made biscuits, warm them up for about 15 seconds in the microwave. Slice them horizontally in half with a serrated knife.
- Spread the bottom of each biscuit with about 1 Tablespoon of Spicy Honey Mustard. Lay one piece of pineapple over the mustard. Layer on a few slices of ham, folding it gently as you go so that it fits the biscuit. Top with a piece of lettuce and the top half of the biscuit.