Roasted Beet, Candied Walnut Spinach Salad - Serves 8
The textures and tastes of these wonderful ingredients create a memorable and impressive salad.
- 3 beets, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes (or large dice)
- 1 tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup whole walnuts or pecans
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 Vidalia onions julienne
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Mustard
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 10 ounces baby Spinach
- Combine beets, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Wrap the beets in aluminum foil, place on a baking sheet and cook in a 400-degree oven. Roast until just tender.
- Place walnuts or pecans and butter in a sauté pan.
- After the butter is melted drizzle honey over the nuts and remove from heat when carmelized. Spread on greased parchment paper and cool.
- Cook in a sauté pan until golden brown.
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl and whisk for one minute to combine.
- Put the baby spinach on a platter.
- Top with the beets, onions and nuts.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over all.