Curried Potato Salad - Serves 6-8
Far from ho-hum, this golden hued salad makes a colorful addition to any meal.
- 3 pounds small red potatoes,scrubbed
- 1 teaspoon Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Oil
- 1/2 cup plain low fat yogurt
- 4 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Champagne Mustard
- 2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 cup frozen petite peas, defrosted
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- generous teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- salt to taste
- Boil potatoes in salted water until just tender when pierced with a sharp knife. Begin testing around 8 or 9 minutes. Drain and let cool until you can cut them into cubes or slices. Put in a large bowl and toss with Roasted Garlic Oil.
- Stir together yogurt, Maine Maple Champagne Mustard, mayonnaise,curry powder and black pepper in a small bowl.
- Add peas, cilantro and slivered almonds to potatoes. Toss gently to combine.
- Pour on yogurt mixture, mix well and season with salt, pepper and vinegar. Toss again and serve at once or chill and serve when desired.