Apple Cranberry Stuffing
- 1 one-pound loaf crusty bread (about 10 cups 1/2 -inch cubed)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1-cup onion, 1/4-inch diced
- 1/2 cup celery, 1/4-inch diced
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Apple Cranberry Chutney
- 1 tablespoon fresh sage, chopped (or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage)
- 1-tablespoon fresh thyme, (or ½ teaspoon dried)
- 1-teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/4 -1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place ¼-inch cubed bread on a baking sheet. Bake 20 minutes or until cubes are dry and light brown.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and celery and sauté until tender.
- Stir in Stonewall Kitchen Apple Cranberry Chutney, sage, thyme, salt and black pepper. Add chicken stock and heat (reserve about 1/4 cup and add to the stuffing if it needs to be moister).
- Place bread crumbs in a mixing bowl. Pour Apple Cranberry mixture over bread and toss until uniformly mixed.
- Use as stuffing in poultry, pork or bake in a greased baking dish until hot for a side dish.