Apple Cranberry Tart
Sweet apples and tart cranberries make this a Stonewall Kitchen favorite. Serves 8.
- 1 Double Pie Crust
- 2 (9-inch) ready-to-bake pie crusts
- 3 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Apple Cranberry Chutney
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of cloves and nutmeg
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon water
- Roll one pie crust until it measures 1 1/2-inches larger than the tart pan on a lightly floured surface
- Place and press 1 ready-to-bake pie crust in a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Combine apples, dried cranberries, golden raisins, sugar, flour, Apple Cranberry Chutney, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a bowl and mix until uniform.
- Spoon into prepared shell, spreading evenly.
- Cut second ready-to-bake pie crust into 1-inch wide strips for lattice topping.
- Using a long, narrow spatula, carefully lift every other strip onto tart, using 5-6 strips.
Rotate pie 45 degrees. Carefully place 5-6 more strips on top (optional: weave strips).
- Whisk together the egg white and water. Brush the entire crust, top and edges with egg wash.
- Bake tart in lower 1/3 of oven for about 45-55 minutes until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.