Crostini with Tomato, Avocado, Red Onion and Balsamic Dressing
- 1 loaf Tuscan or artisan bread, sliced
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Stonewall Kitchen Maine Sea Salt and Mixed Peppercorns
- 1/2 pound smoked bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 ripe avocado, pitted and cut into small dice
- 2 Tbsp. red onion finely chopped
- 1 bunch fresh arugula, well washed, dried and chopped
- 1/4 cup(packed tightly) fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoon basil leaves, chopped
- Stonewall Kitchen Olive Oil and Balsamic Dressing
| For the crostini:|
- Heat a grill pan over medium high heat.
- Brush each side of the bread slices with the olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Toast each side until grill marks appear, or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
|For the salad:|
- Combine bacon, tomatoes, avocado, onion, arugula, parsley and basil leaves.
- Toss gently with Stonewall Kitchen Olive Oil and Balsamic Dressing.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Pile the salad onto a bread slice and serve.