Coffee Caramel Popcorn
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Coffee Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 quarts freshly popped popcorn(or 5 8 oz. bag)
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, walnuts, or peanuts (optional)
- Spray or butter a large ovenproof pan, add popped corn and place in a preheated 250 degree F oven to keep warm.
- Combine Coffee Caramel Sauce, light corn syrup and cream of tartar in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in baking soda thoroughly and return to heat for one minute.
- At this point, add nuts if desired.
- Remove popcorn from oven, and pour warm syrup mixture over it, stirring to coat well.
- Transfer to a nonstick baking sheet, flatten somewhat and bake in a 225 degree F oven for approximately 30 to 45 minutes or until crisp and not sticky.
- Stir every 15 minutes and watch for a nice golden color.
- Test occassionally for doneness, the popcorn should be crunchy.
- Turn popcorn out onto waxed paper and allow to cool.
- Break into pieces and store in a tightly covered container.