Shrimp and Salsa Verde Appetizer
Makes 2 dozen
- 2 Tablespoons classic olive oil
- 1/2 pound shrimp (26-30 count), peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stonewall Kitchen Salsa Verde
- Tortilla chips
- 4 Tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Cilantro leaves for garnish.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat until it starts to shimmer, but not smoke. Add shrimp and sauté until pink and become firm, about 1-2 minutes per side. Cut shrimp in half.
- Add cilantro, garlic, fresh lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. Sauté 1 minute.
- Spoon Salsa Verde onto tortilla chips. Lay shrimp on top. Place 1/4 teaspoon guacamole on top of shrimp. Sprinkle with feta cheese and garnish with a cilantro leaf.