Blueberry Orange Shortcake Scones
The bright zesty flavor of this citrus marmalade and the sweet taste of blueberries blend in this recipe for spectacular flavor.
- 1 package Stonewall Kitchen
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar (optional)
- 3/4 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into 1/2" cubes
- 2 teaspoons finely grated orange zest
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 3 quarts blueberries
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Orange Cranberry Marmalade
- 2 Tablespoons orange flavored liquor (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Prepare scones according to package directions,
adding ground cardamom and sugar to the dry mix and adding orange zest
to the butter.
- While scones are baking, prepare fruit. Sprinkle blueberries
with 1 Tbsp. white sugar and allow to macerate for 1/2 hour.
- Add Orange
Cranberry Marmalade and orange liquor (if desired) and let mixture sit for
about 1 hour.
- Split baked scones while still warm horizontally and place on
- Spoon blueberry mixture onto bottom scone, cover with
second half and top with more berry mixture and fresh whipped cream.
Strawberries and Lemon Pear Marmalade can be substituted for the
blueberries and Orange Cranberry Marmalade.