Pecan Pancakes with Maple-Glazed Apples
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Farmhouse Pancake Mix
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup whole milk or *buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon melted butter plus more to grease griddle
- 1 tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 apples, such as Macoun, Jonathan, or your favorite variety, peeled, cored and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Pinch nutmeg
- 3 tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Syrup
- In a medium bowl whisk together the pancake mix and pecans. Whisk in egg, milk or buttermilk, melted butter and maple syrup.
- Heat griddle to 350 degree F and grease with butter. Ladle pancake batter onto griddle and flip when air bubbles begin to pop and pancake is golden brown. Turn once and cook until done.
- Repeat for remaining pancake better.
- For the maple glazed apples melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium skillet set over medium heat. Saute apple slices, spices and syrup until the apples are tender and caramelized.
- Serve apples over pancakes with additional maple syrup.
- *If you do not have buttermilk you can add 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice to 3/4 cup milk.