Apricot Berry Bread Pudding
A filling dessert or a savory side dish.
- 5 cups white bread, day old
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 Cup Stonewall Kitchen Cherry Berry Jam
- 3 cups of milk
- 1/2 cup apricot nectar or juice from canned apricots
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a two-quart baking dish or bowl.
- Remove crust from the bread and cut into 1/2- inch cubes.
- Place bread cubes into the buttered baking dish.
- Whisk together first four ingredients of custard until eggs become frothy. Add remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Pour custard over bread, stir, and allow to sit for 30 minutes so that liquid absorbs.
- Bake bread pudding in a water bath until puffed and firm in the center, about 1 hour and fifteen minutes.