Pumpkin Cranberry Spice Tea Cake
Delicious served with afternoon tea or an after-dinner cordial. Sure to become a favorite.
- 1 cup canned or fresh pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Orange Cranberry Marmalade
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice (1 tablespoon cinnamon, 2 teaspoons ground ginger, 1/2 teaspoon each nutmeg and allspice)
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 9" x 5" x 3" loaf pan.
- Blend pumpkin, eggs, sugar, and oil, and 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Orange Cranberry Marmalade in a food processor or a large bowl until well mixed. Stir in cranberries just to blend.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl. Then sift them into the bowl with the pumpkin mixture. Pulse or stir until must blended, then scrape batter into loaf pan.
- Bake for 55-60 minutes in the center of the oven, or until a knofe inserted near the center comes out clean. Remove pan from oven and allow to cool on a cake rack.
- When cake is almost cool, brush remaining Orange Cranberry Marmalade over top.