Caramel Apple Butter Crisp
This recipe is for anyone who loves to pick the topping off the crisp.
- 7 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Caramel Apple Butter
- 1/4 cup Applejack, Calvados, apple cider or apple juice
- 1/2 cup flour
- 2 cups quick oats
- 12 Tablespoons cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place apple slices, Caramel Apple Butter, apple juice (or liquid of choice) in a bowl, and mix together thoroughly.
- Place in a greased 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Prepare topping by placing all the dry ingredients in a food processor, pulse briefly to blend ingredients.
- Add butter, then pulse in 3-4 second intervals until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- When well-blended and crumbly, sprinkle topping on the top of the apples and bake in a 350 degree F oven for 45 minutes.