Pizza with Mozzarella & Sauteed Onions
A 'white' pizza at its finest to please kids of all ages. Serve for a light dinner or lunch along with a large tossed green salad. And, be creative-add your own toppings.
- 1 large partially-baked pizza crust, such as Boboli
- 1 tablespoon oil from Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced (about 2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar + 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 pound shredded fresh mozzarella cheese, blotted dry on paper towels
- 6 tablespoons freshly grated imported Parmesan cheese
- 17 sun-dried Tomatoes, blotted on paper towels
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Red pepper flakes, optional
- Preheat oven to 450. Position rack as close to heat (not broiler) as possible.
- Place crust on a baking sheet. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
When hot add onion and sauté until lightly colored, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam, balsamic vinegar and water, stirring to melt sugar and evaporate vinegar, about 1 minute. Set aside.
- Sprinkle mozzarella cheese over pizza crust. Sprinkle on about 3 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese.
Add onions,sun-dried tomatoes, oregano, remaining Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes.
- Place baking sheet in oven and bake until cheese is hot and bubbling, 10 to 12 minutes.
Remove and let stand at least 5 minutes before cutting into 8 slices and serving.