Mushroom Sage Garlic Chicken
- 4 each Chicken Breasts, skin on
- To taste Stonewall Kitchen Sea Salt
- To taste Stonewall Kitchen Black Peppercorns, crushed
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 cup White Wine
- 4 each Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 medium Shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 Bottle of Stonewall Kitchen Mushroom Sage Steak Sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Salt and Pepper each piece of chicken
- Heat oven safe skillet on medium high heat. Make sure that the pan is large enough to hold all four chicken breasts at once. Add Extra Virgin Olive Oil and allow pan to heat about one minute more.
- Place chicken breasts in the skillet, skin side down. You should hear a sizzling sound
- Cook until skins become golden brown. Flip each breast over and place the whole pan into the oven
- Cook the chicken until they reach an internal temperature of 158 degrees F, about 25 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Place chicken on a plate to rest for at least 5 minutes. Re-check temperature to assure it has reached 165 degrees. Do not cut the chicken until that time is up.
- Place the skillet back onto a burner on medium high heat. Deglaze the pan with the wine, being sure to scrape the bottom of the pan thoroughly.
- Add shallot and garlic and cook until fragrant.
- Pour in the bottle of Mushroom Sage Steak Sauce and chicken broth and bring to a simmer.
- Serve this pan sauce over the chicken.