Goat Cheese and Portobello Mushroom Napoleon
- 2 large tomatoes, cut in half and seeds removed
- 4 medium Portobello mushrooms, cleaned and stem trimmed
- 1 goat cheese log, sliced into 4 rounds and edges rolled in crushed peppercorns
- 1 bottle Stonewall Kitchen Maple Balsamic Dressing
- Place tomatoes and Portobellos in a plastic resealable bag or covered container.
- Pour Maple Balsamic Dressing over tomatoes and mushrooms enough to coat. Allow to set at least 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Put Portobellos in a baking pan with some of the dressing used for marinade.
- Bake mushrooms in oven, covered with foil - 45 minutes to an hour. During the last 15 minutes of baking time, put tomato halves in pan to bake.
- To assemble layers, start with the Portobello mushroom, stem side up. Follow with a tomato half, and then top with a goat cheese round.
- Finish each stack with a drizzle of marinade.