Savory Turkey Burgers with Mango Chutney
What an unusual way to enjoy a burger!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tablespoon plus 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 5 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Mango Chutney
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 6 Tablespoons green onion tops, chopped
- 1/4 cup Granny Smith apples, chopped
- pita bread
- chopped lettuce
- In a large bowl mix applesauce, 1 Tablespoon yogurt, 2 Tablespoons of the Mango Chutney, 2 teaspoons curry powder, salt and cayenne. Mix in ground turkey and 4 Tablespoons onion tops.
- Shape into 4 (3/4-inch thick) patties.
- Mix chopped apple with remaining yogurt, Mango Chutney, curry powder, and green onion tops.
- Spray burgers with nonstick spray. Broil or grill until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Cut one end off each pita. Fill with one burger, top with chopped lettuce and yogurt mixture.