Curried Mango Basted Beef Skewers with Fresh Mango Chutney, Served with Rice
- Stonewall Kitchen Curried Mango Grille Sauce
- Stonewall Kitchen Mango Chutney
- 2 lb. London broil, sliced on the bias, into 1-2 inch strips
- 20- 8 inch skewers
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons Sriracha chili sauce (or other hot chili sauce)
- 2 Tablespoons oyster sauce
- 4 Tablespoons minced ginger
- 1 teaspoon back pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups sushi rice
- 2 cups water
Beef Skewers and Marinade
- Combine all marinade ingredients in blender, mix well.
- Pour over beef and marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Grill skewers to desired temperature, basting with Stonewall Kitchen Curried Mango Grille Sauce.
- Rinse rice under cool running water, drain well.
- Put rice in heavy 2 quart saucepan. Add 2 cups water. Cover tightly with aluminum foil. Bring to a boil over high heat, until foil puffs up like a dome.
- When foil puffs, poke a hole in the center of foil, reduce heat to the lowest setting.
- Cook until no more visible steam is coming from the hole. Remove from heat. Rice will stay warm until ready to use.