Spinach Salad with Bacon & Pecans
This salad goes great with simple barbequed foods or as a side dish with an elegant roast.
- 1 large bag baby spinach leaves, washed
- 1/4 cup finely sliced red onion
- 4 ounces fresh mushrooms, trimmed and sliced thin
- 6 slices of bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup pecans, toasted
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Wasabi Mustard
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- For the dressing, dissolve the sugar in the vinegar.
- Combine remaining dressing ingredients (except for the mayonnaise) in a food processor or blender and process until well blended.
- Place the mayonnaise in a large enough bowl to combine with the blended ingredients.
- Gently whisk the dressing into the mayonnaise a little at a time until all is well mixed.
- In a large bowl, toss the spinach, bacon and onions well. Toss with dressing until lightly coated.
- Place tossed salad in a clean serving dish or platter, top with toasted pecans and serve remaining dressing on the side.