Roasted Garlic Risotto with Wild Mushrooms (microwave)
This microwave version is as creamy as the traditional, without all of the fuss.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup arborio rice
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam
- 3 cups chicken, vegetable or beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup light cream
- freshly ground black pepper
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound assorted wild mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Cook at 100% power.
- Heat butter and oil in deep pie dish or 9" baking pan, uncovered, for 2 minutes.
- Add rice, stir to coat, and cook uncovered 4 minutes.
- Stir in broth, cook uncovered for 9 minutes.
- Add Roasted Garlic and Onion Jam and light cream. Stir well; then cook an additional 13 minutes.
- Remove from microwave; let stand uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Heat butter in skillet over medium heat, and add sliced mushrooms. Saute until tender.
- Toss with cooked risotto.
- Top with shaved Parmesan and ground pepper.