House Secret Buttermilk Cornbread
Moist and flavorful, this cornbread is addictive.
- 1 cup stone ground cornmeal
- 3/4 cup unbleached all–purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon chili powder
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Onion Jam
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn, defrosted and blotted dry
- Preheat oven to 425° F. Grease a 9 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Mix cornmeal, flour, chili powder, baking powder, salt and baking soda in a bowl.
- Beat buttermilk and eggs together.
- Stir Roasted Garlic Onion Jam into hot butter to melt. Stir in corn.
- Blend with buttermilk mixture.
- Combine wet ingredients with dry ingredients, stirring just to blend. Do not over mix.
- Bake until a knife inserted in center comes out clean and the cornbread is golden colored, 20 to 25 minutes.