Apple Cranberry Tart - Serves 8
Sweet apples and tart cranberries make this a Stonewall Kitchen favorite.
- 2 ready-to-bake 9-inch pie crusts
- 3 cups Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Apple Cranberry Chutney
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of cloves and nutmeg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon cream or milk
- Place and press 1 ready-to-bake pie crust in a 9-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Combine apples, dried cranberries, golden raisins, sugar, flour, Stonewall Kitchen Apple Cranberry Chutney, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg in a bowl and mix until uniform.
- Spoon into prepared shell, spreading evenly.
- Cut second ready-to-bake pie crust into 1"-wide strips for lattice topping.
- Using a long, narrow spatula, carefully lift every other strip onto tart, using 5-6 strips.
Rotate pie 45 degrees. Carefully place 5-6 more strips on top (optional- weave strips)
- Whisk together the egg yolk and milk or cream. Brush the entire crust, top and edges with egg wash.
- Bake tart in lower 1/3 of oven for about 1 hour until apples are tender and crust is golden brown.