A perfect combination of sweet and savory.
- 1 1/2 pounds fresh beets
- 3 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin rings
- Stonewall Kitchen Balsamic Fig Salad Dressing
- 3 ounces stilton cheese, crumbled
- 1 head Boston Bib Lettuce, washed and dried
- toasted walnuts, chopped (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Wash beets thoroughly, then coat in 3 tablespoons olive oil, sprinkle with salt and wrap each in aluminum foil.
- Put aluminum wrapped beets on a baking sheet. Roast until they are fork-tender (approximately 45-60 minutes).
- Unwrap beets. When cool enough to handle, remove their skin. Cut into quarters.
- Place lettuce on serving dishes. Top with roasted beets, crumbled blue cheese, and toasted walnuts. Drizzle Stonewall Kitchen Balsamic Fig Dress over each salad.