Savory Turkey Burgers with Mango Chutney
What an unusual way to enjoy a burger!
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 5 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Mango Chutney
- 3 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 6 tablespoons chopped green onion tops
- 1/4 cup chopped granny smith apples
- pita bread
- chopped lettuce
- In a large bowl, mix applesauce, 1 tablespoon of yogurt, 2 tablespoons of mango chutney, 2 teaspoons of curry powder, salt and cayenne. Mix in ground turkey and 4 tablespoons onion tops.
- Shape into 4 - 3/4 inch thick patties.
- Mix chopped apple with remaining yogurt, chutney, curry powder, and green onion tops.
- Spray burgers with nonstick spray. Broil or grill until cooked through, about 5 minutes per side.
- Cut one end off each pita. Fill with one burger, top with chopped lettuce and yogurt mixture.