Savory Bread Pudding
- 1 one pound French Bread loaf, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb asparagus trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch lengths
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups whole milk
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups grated Gruyere cheese
- 2 cups grated Swiss cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh marjoram
Stonewall Kitchen Old Farmhouse Chutney
- Place bread on baking sheet uncovered overnight.
- Cook asparagus in medium pot of boiling salted water until crisp tender (About three minutes). Drain. Rinse under cool water and drain well.
- Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in large bowl. Mix cheese & herbs in medium bowl.
- Place 1/2 of bread in 13x9x2 baking dish. Sprinkle 1/2 cooked asparagus and 1/2 of the cheese mixture. Pour 1/2 egg mixture on top. Repeat steps.
- Let stand 20 minutes, press with spatula to submerge bread pieces.
- Place baking dish in a large roasting pan. Fill with enough water to come halfway up sides of baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375?. Bake until golden brown and puffed, about 45 minutes. Cool 10 minutes. Serve with Stonewall Kitchen Old Farmhouse Chutney.