A delicious and savory treat for a warm afternoon.
- 5 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, chopped
- 1 medium yellow or red pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon tomato paste
- 4 cups French bread, trimmed of crust and chopped
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Olive Oil & Balsamic Dressing
- 4 cups cold water
- Salt and pepper as desired
- Combine tomato, cucumber, onion, pepper, garlic and bread in a deep bowl.
- Mix together and stir thoroughly, adding water and Olive Oil & Balsamic Dressing.
- Puree the mixture in a food processor or blender, working with 2 cups at a time.
- Pour pureed mixture into a bowl, add tomato paste and whisk thoroughly.
- Cover the bowl tightly with foil or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least two hours, flavor will be best if allowed to sit for a whole day.
- Stir soup just before serving. Garnish with diced onions or peppers, halved cherry or grape tomatoes or diced fresh chives or scallions.