Salmon with Pineapple Ginger Relish
Recipe Tip: Relish can also be made with pan sautéed boneless chicken breasts or pork medallions.
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon filet, skin on, cut into 4 pieces
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Pineapple Ginger Relish:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons red onion, 1/4-inch dice
- 2 Tablespoons red bell pepper, 1/4-inch dice
- 1/4 cup shelled edamame
- 1/4 cup corn kernels, cooked
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Pineapple Ginger Sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Line baking sheet with foil. Brush salmon with oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 10 minutes, or until the center is opaque in the center, about 10 minutes.
- While the fish is cooking make the Pineapple Ginger Relish: Heat 1 Tablespoon olive oil in a medium size sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add red onion, red bell pepper and edamame. Sauté until tender. Add corn, black beans and garlic and sauté an additional 2-4 minutes. Add Pineapple Ginger Sauce and heat.
- Transfer salmon to a platter. Spoon relish over salmon and serve.