Our meltingly tender brisket comes from slow, gentle cooking. You can modify the sauce according to your own taste: The darker the beer, the less sweet it will be. Serve with boiled rice or potatoes.
- 12-ounces (1-1/2 cups) light or dark beer or ale
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Red Pepper Jelly
- 1 (3 to 3-1/2 pound) flat-cut brisket, well trimmed
- 2 Tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine beer, grille sauce and Red Pepper Jelly in a large, deep skillet. Bring mixture to a boil just to melt jelly. Add brisket, cover tightly, and bake in oven until very tender, 3 to 3-1/2 hours.
If preferred,cook over a low flame on top of stove, regulating heat so liquid only simmers. Turn once or twice during cooking.
- When done, remove meat, allow to stand briefly, and either pull apart into shreds or cut across the grain into slices.
- Stir in parsley and season with salt and pepper. Serve with plenty of the pan gravy.