Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Tower
- Additional Equipment needed: 6-8 (3-inch) cake rings or 10 (2 1/4-inch) cake rings
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 5 large eggs, room temperature
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon Chambord
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 14 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 2 Tablespoons Chambord
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Red Raspberry Jam
- 5 egg yolks, room temperature
- 7 egg whites, room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1-2 (8.5-ounce) bottles Stonewall Kitchen Raspberry Syrup (as desired)
- Whipped cream
- Fresh raspberries
- Fresh mint
- For the cake, preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Butter and flour one 8 1/2 x 4 1/2 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan
- In a small bowl combine flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder and mix well.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until fluffy, add the sugar gradually and beat until light and fluffy and then beat in Chambord.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time.
- Beat in on low speed, 1/3 of the flour mixture with half the milk until incorporated.
- Repeat this procedure until all the flour is incorporated.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 1 hour or until done.
- For the mousse, melt the chocolate and Chambord in a bowl over hot water stirring occasionally. When chocolate is melted, remove it from heat and beat until smooth.
- Add the egg yolks slowly, stirring quickly until smooth, stir in the raspberry jam. Let mixture cool slightly.
- Whip the egg whites and salt until stiff peaks form, fold the egg whites into the chocolate mixture until incorporated.
- Let mousse set in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- To assemble, trim sides off pound cake.
- Slice into 6-8 (1/2-inch) slices if using 3-inch cake ring, or 10 (1/2-inch) slices if using 2 1/4-inch cake ring).
- Use a cake ring to cut into circles.
- Wrap outside of each cake ring with aluminum foil to create a bottom for the rings.
- Spray bottom with non-stick cooking spray, place circular cake slice in bottom of foil lined cake ring and spoon in desired amount of mousse.
- Cover with saran wrap and refrigerate 1 hour.
- To plate dessert, pour desired amount of Raspberry Syrup onto plate.
- Gently run a knife around the inside edges of the cake ring to loosen tower from ring.
- Remove foil wrapping from outside of cake ring to remove chocolate mousse tower, and place tower in center of syrup on plate.