Raspberry Pear Crepes - Makes 12 filled crepes
Maple Butter Sauce-
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Syrup
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Seedless Raspberry Jam
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated lemon zest
- 1 pint raspberries
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Maple Syrup
- Pinch ground cinnamon
- 2 pears, peeled, cored and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 12 8-inch crepes (Stonewall Kitchen Traditional Crepe Mix prepared according to mix instructions or your favorite recipe)
- Confectioner’s sugar
For the Maple Butter Sauce-
- Whisk syrup, butter and cinnamon together in a small saucepan over low heat until butter melts. Allow to cool
For the Filling-
- Beat together the cream cheese, Mascarpone, Seedless Raspberry Jam, egg, vanilla extract and lemon zest.
- Reserve a few raspberries for garnish, fold the remaining raspberries into cheese mixture and chill at least 1 hour (can be made a day ahead).
For the Pears-
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet. Stir in 2 tablespoons Maine Maple Syrup and a pinch of cinnamon. Add Pear slices and saute until tender and golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Butter a 9” x 13” glass baking pan.
- Place crepes, light side up, on working surface. Spoon 1/4 cup of filling into the center of the crepe.
- Fold both sides of the crepe partially over filling. Then roll up from the bottom. Place seam side down in prepared dish. Repeat with remaining crepes and filling.
- Cover the dish with foil. Bake until center of filling is heated to 160 degree F, approximately 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, warm the Maple Butter Sauce over low heat, whisking until smooth.
- Place crepes on a plate and serve with warm sauce, Garnish with fresh raspberries and sauteed pears and a dusting of confectioner’s sugar.