Chicken Broccoli Turnover
- 1 medium broccoli crown, florets only
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cups cooked chicken or turkey
- 2 puff pastry sheets or one box, thawed
- 2 cups shredded cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Honey Mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon water
- Separate broccoli into small pieces, smaller dice than the chicken or turkey. Saute onion in oil over medium heat in a skillet until translucent. Add broccoli and cook until tender but not soft.
- Combine chicken or turkey, vegetables, cheese, mustard, and salt and pepper in a bowl and refrigerate until ready to use.
- For large meal sized turnover, lay 1 sheet puff pastry flat, flour and roll until desired thinness is reached. Cut large square into 4 equal squares.
- Whisk together egg and water.
- Place desired amount of filling into squares, egg wash edges and fold pastry dough in half, forming a triangle.
- Press seams together with a fork and place on ungreased cookie sheet. Repeat until all filling is used.
- Before baking, brush turnovers with egg wash. Bake at 350 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- For appetizer size, cut puff pastry at folds, flour and roll and cut each rectangle into 5 squares.
- Place filling, egg wash edges and fold creating triangle. Brush with egg wash before baking. Bake at 350 degrees F.
- Check after 10 minutes. Additional cooking time may be added until they're golden brown.