Cherry Chipotle Chicken and Spiced Grain Salad
Chicken salad with the hearty, flavorful addition of healthy grains and fruit.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Sour Cherry Jam
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon ground chipotle peppers
- 2 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 3 Tablespoons scallions, minced
- 3 Tablespoons dried tart cherries
- 3 Tablespoons golden raisins
- Pinch dried ground chipotle pepper
- 2 cups water
- For the marinade, whisk together Sour Cherry Jam, balsamic vinegar, rice wine vinegar, ground chipotle pepper and water.
- Pound chicken breasts to about 1/2-inch thickness. Cut into horizontal strips about 1-inch wide.
- Coat chicken with 1/2 of the marinade mixture and let marinate for 2-24 hours.
- Grill over medium-high heat approximately 8-10 minutes.
- For the grain salad, bring the 2 cups of water to boil in a medium non-reactive saucepan.
- Stir in the bulgur and couscous. Let the mixture return to a boil.
- Sprinkle dried cherries, scallions and golden raisins on top. Do not mix.
- Cover tightly and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Heat the remaining marinade just until it boils.
- Place the grain salad on a serving platter and place strips of chicken on top.
- Pour heated marinade over the chicken.
- Garnish with scallion fans.