Rice Cakes with Asian Barbecued Lamb
- 4 cups cooked and cooled rice
- 3 eggs
- 1/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- Olive oil
For the lamb:
- 1 pound lamb, cooked and rough chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Garlic Peanut Sauce
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce (low sodium)
- 2 teaspoons powdered ginger
- 24 sprigs of cilantro
- Combine in a bowl the rice, eggs, flour, scallions, salt and pepper. Allow mixture to rest 10 minutes.
- Coat a non-stick pan with a light layer of olive oil.
- Using a spoon or an ice cream scoop, make cakes roughly 1 1/2-inches round and 1/2-inch thick. Fry rice cakes in batches till golden brown.
- Reserve at room temperature.
Method for the Lamb:
- In a heavy bottomed pot combine lamb, water, Roasted Garlic Peanut Sauce, ginger and soy sauce.
- Simmer mixture until meat falls apart easily, about 40 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Keep warm.
Top each rice cake with 1/2 Tablespoon of lamb and a sprig of cilantro.