Cherry Chipotle Chicken and Spiced Grain Salad
Chicken salad with the hearty, flavorful addition of healthy grains and fruit.
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Apricot Cherry Jam
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoons ground chipotle peppers
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat
- 1/2 cup couscous
- 3 tablespoons minced scallions
- 3 tablespoons dried tart cherries
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- pinch dried ground chipotle pepper
- 2 cups water
- Whisk together Stonewall Kitchen Sour Cherry Jam, balsamic vinegar, rice wine vinegar,
ground chipotle pepper and water.
- Pound chicken breasts to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- Cut into horizontal strips about 1 inch wide.
- Coat chicken with 1/2 of the marinade mixture and let marinate for 2-24 hours.
- Grill over medium-high heat approximately 8-10 minutes.
For Grain Salad:
- Bring the 2 cups of water to boil in a medium non-reactive saucepan.
- Stir in the bulgur and couscous.
- Let the mixture return to a boil.
- Sprinkle dried cherries, scallions and golden raisins on top. Do not mix.
- Cover tightly and let stand for 10 minutes.
- Fluff with fork and stir until all ingredients are well blended.
- Heat the remaining marinade just until it boils.
- Place the grain salad on a serving platter and place strips of chicken on top.
- Pour heated marinade over the chicken.
- Garnish with scallion fans.