Nana's Macaroni & Cheese
- 1 pound uncooked macaroni, penne, or rigatoni
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 2 cups milk or light cream
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Spicy Honey Mustard
- 3 cups grated, firm cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs, such as Panko
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Butter a 1 1/2-2 quart baking dish.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain and set aside.
- In a saucepan, melt butter, add the flour and cook, stirring gently for 2-3 minutes.
- Add Spicy Honey Mustard and blend well.
- Whisk in the milk and bring to a low boil, stirring constantly until smooth and sauce has thickened.
- Stir in the cheese until melted, add pasta and stir until well coated with cheese sauce.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place pasta in baking dish. In a small bowl mix breadcrumbs with melted butter. Sprinkle over pasta.
- Bake 30-45 minutes or until bubbly and light brown.