Old Fashioned Trifle
- 2 cups vanilla yogurt, stirred until smooth
- 1 (1-pound) pound cake, cut into 3x1x1-inch pieces, or ladyfingers
- 1/2 cup sweet sherry
- 1/4 cup Cognac
- 1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1 jar (12.5-ounces) Stonewall Kitchen Strawberry Apple Rhubarb Jam or Peach Amaretto Jam
- 1 (16-ounce) can juice-packed pineapple cubes
- 2 ripe bananas, sliced
- 1/2 pint heavy cream, plus sugar to sweeten
- Cocoa powder to garnish
- Pour yogurt into a large bowl. Cover bottom and sides of bowl with cake pieces.
- Moisten with sherry and Cognac, and sprinkle on 1/2 cup of the almonds.
- Spoon on jam, then pineapple and bananas.
- Whip cream with sugar until stiff. Fill a pastry bag fitted with a decorative star tip. Pipe onto trifle.
- Dust with cocoa and sprinkle on remaining almonds.