Strawberry Balsamic Sorbet
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1-12 ounce jar Strawberry Balsamic Jam
- A pinch of ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated orange peel
- Combine water, sugar, Stonewall Kitchen Strawberry Balsamic Jam, allspice and orange peel in a medium-size saucepan. Heat over low heat until jam is melted. Chill mixture in refrigerator.
- Either freeze mixture according to directions for an ice cream maker or pour into a flat glass or metal dish and freeze until solid, 6 hours or overnight.
- If not made in an ice cream maker, cut frozen mixture into chunks. Process in a food processor fitted with a metal blade just until smooth. Then refreeze for at least 2 hours before serving.