Cioppino - Serves 4-6
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, diced 1/4-inch
- 1 cup onion, diced 1/4 –inch
- 1 3/4 cup white wine, such as chardonnay
- 1 16 ounce jar Stonewall Kitchen Traditional Marinara Sauce
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1/2 pound halibut fillets, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-pound mussels
- 1/2 pound scallops
- Fresh parsley, chopped as garnish
- Heat olive oil in a 5.5 quart pot with lid. Add green bell pepper and onion. Sauté until tender, 5-7 minutes.
- Add wine and simmer until reduced by one third.
- Add 1 jar of Stonewall Kitchen Traditional Marinara Sauce, and capers. Bring to a boil. Add seafood and simmer until mussels are opened and seafood is cooked.
- Serve garnished with chopped parsley and crusty bread.