- 1 loaf (1 pound) crusty bread, cut into 1/4-inch cubes (about 10 cups)
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Apple Cranberry Chutney
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sage, chopped, or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 Tablespoon fresh thyme, or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 1/4 - 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cubed bread on a baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes, or until cubes are dry and light brown.
- Melt butter in a sauté pan over medium heat. Add onion and celery and sauté until tender.
- Stir in Apple Cranberry Chutney, sage, thyme, salt and black pepper. Add chicken stock and heat (reserve about 1/4 cup and add to the stuffing if it needs to be more moist).
- Place bread crumbs in a mixing bowl. Pour Apple Cranberry Chutney mixture over bread and toss until uniformly mixed.
- Use as stuffing in poultry, pork or bake in a greased baking dish until hot for a side dish.