- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Apricot or Peach Apricot Cherry Jam
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 Tablespoons butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line 12 muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or you can use a hand mixer, cream the butter, sugar and cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy. Reduce speed and add eggs one at a time.
- Add Apricot or Peach Apricot Cherry Jam, vanilla and almond extract, mix until uniform.
- In a small bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and salt. On low speed, add flour mixture alternately with milk, starting and ending with the flour, until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Fill muffin cups three-fourths full.
- For the crumb topping-in a medium size bowl combine the sugars, almonds, cinnamon, and flour. Cut the butter in with a pastry blender, a fork, or two knives until the mixture is the texture of small peas. Top muffin batter with crumb mixture. Bake 20-25 minutes until muffins are golden brown and a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the center of the muffin. Serve warm with butter.